Whether a person is painting a picture or wall, no matter how careful he or she is there’s always a good chance they’ll end up painting their skin and nails as well. Luckily, there are a few effective DIY alternatives which can safely remove paint from skin and nails, without any harm.
Thinking how to get rid of those stubborn stains without using chemicals?
In this blog, we’ll describe the 6 best ways to successfully remove spray paint from a delicate skin and nails. Let’s have a look below.
Method 1: Remove the Paint with Oil
Never start washing with water because most paints are oil-based, therefore, a person needs to choose an oil to remove paint from hands.
- Apply any oil except corrosive oils. Based on experience, vegetable oils help fast removing paint from skin. Moreover, a person can also use olive oil to get rid of stubborn stains.
- Rub the oil with the help of a cotton ball or a clean cloth and scrub properly.
- It’s important to rinse the oil under running water. Also, rub pumice soap (in a liquid or bar form) and if paint stains are still on skin or nails, repeat the process to get rid of the oily feeling.
Method 2: Use Petroleum Jelly
- Coat a thick layer of petroleum jelly on the stained skin paint. Don’t spread it; otherwise, the paint will spread on other parts of the skin.
- It is better to combine petroleum jelly with any mild lotion for effective results.
- Now wipe off the petroleum jelly using a clean paper towel.
Method 3: Use Baby Lotion or Cream
Lotions and creams contain oil, which can help in removing the paint easily.
- Apply a cream or lotion on the paint area and rub it generously. Don’t let it spread.
- Leave it for a while before wiping it off using a clean paper towel.
- Repeat the process if necessary.
Method 4: Try Acetone/ Nail Polish Remover
A nail-polish remover can help a person take the paint off from the nails and skin.
- Use a cotton ball to apply acetone to stained areas. Be very gentle when rubbing the area affected by paint.
- Clean with water.
Method 5: Take Help of Green Scrubbies
The rough surface of scrubbies can remove paint from our skin and nails effectively.
- Simply scrape off the paint using green scrubby.
- Repeat until satisfied.
Method 6: Mineral Spirits can work best
The chemicals in mineral spirits are harsh as compared to the other things but help to remove paint faster.
- Take a towel and carefully pour the required amount of mineral spirit on it.
- Scrape away the paint with the help of a towel.
- Repeat the process until paint-free.
Thank you for reading!
If you like above Do-It-Yourself alternatives, don’t forget to share with your family and friends. Stay tuned for more interesting DIYs.
For more details, click here.